Elkem Silicones is strongly invested in data safety.
Elkem Silicones utilizes all applicable safety measures in storing data.
Confidentiality of unpersonal data
Should the User, when reading Elkem Silicone’s published documents, respond with information including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of any such Elkem Silicones’ document, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Elkem Silicones shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute the information to a third party without limitation.
Elkem Silicones shall be free to use any concepts, ideas, techniques or know-how contained in information brought to its attention by the website User for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to manufacturing, developing and marketing products incorporating such information.
Elkem Silicones’ web server automatically collects non-personally-identifiable information.
This non-personal information collected includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the average time spent on this website by the User, pages viewed and information searched for (see use of a web analytics service).
Information is collected in the aggregate in order to measure the use of this website and to administer it.
Confidentiality of personal data
What Personal information does Elkem Silicones collect and why?
Only personal data voluntarily provided by the User in order to apply for a job or contact Elkem Silicones is collected by Elkem Silicones.
Personal identifiable information that can be used to identify the User such as their name, e-mail address or mailing address, will be kept secure and strictly restricted to Elkem Silicones internal use to better understand Users needs and provide them with relevant information.
How to access, update or cancel your personal data?
The User has the right to access and update his personal identifiable information or to require its cancellation.
1. If the User wishes to do so, they must respect the following guidelines:
2. Mention the registered area or country;
3. Mention the registered name and/or e-mail address;
4. Mention the subject of the request (unsubscribe from our newsletter, updating or cancellation of the personal data);
5. Send an e-mail to email@example.com
Elkem Silicones may not be held liable for the impossibility of updating or cancelling in case of non-respect of guidelines above.
How long does Elkem Silicones retain user’s personal data?
Data retention period for personal data has to be strictly necessary for the business relationship.
Data retention period cannot exceed 3 years from the end of the business relationship. At the end of the 3 year period, Elkem Silicones may contact the User to ask if they want to continue to receive commercial solicitations. Failing a positive and explicit answer, personal data is archived or deleted.
For locations other than the United States:
- One employed, employees’ personal data is retained as long as the employee works for the company and in compliance with local retention practices.
- In the event a candidate is not employed, the human resources department may ask an applicant if he agrees that the company maintain the application files. The applicant may refuse, then ask for the application files to be removed.
- If the applicant does not ask for removal of the application files, personal data is retained for 2 years from the last contact between human resources department and applicant.
- Unless otherwise agreement, personal data is automatically deleted after this period of 2 years.
AS A UNITED STATES APPLICANT ONLY, the User understands and agrees that:
Submitting a resume and cover letter does not constitute an application. To be considered as applicant for a position, the user understands that he must submit his resume in connection with a specific job opening.
In addition, in the US, there are three further requirements that determine whether an individual is an applicant:
1. Resume submissions older than 1 year will not be considered;
2. All information submitted in its current resume indicates that the applicant possesses the minimal qualifications for the specific job opening; and
3. The applicant has at no point in the Company’s selection process, prior to receiving an offer of employment from the Company, removed itself from further consideration, or otherwise indicated that he is no longer interested in the specific job opening
“Cookies” and other technologies
"Cookies" are files that websites save to a User’s browser’s memory.
For the first use of a website there appears a banner which informs the User of:
The purpose of "cookies";
That the User may choose to accept or reject "cookies" by modifying their browser’s settings;
That any further navigation of the website means an agreement for use of "cookies".
"Cookies" used by Elkem Silicones memorize the location setting chosen by the User, namely the geographic and language as selected upon the first use of the website.
The User should notice that "cookies" may be necessary to provide them with certain features (e.g. customized delivery of information) available on the website.
By default, the initial geographic area is Europe and the language is English. The User may modify this area as necessary, as the "cookies" will memorize the last area selected.
Use of a web analytics service
This website uses a web analytics service.
This web analytics service uses “cookies” in order to analyze how the website is used, on behalf of Elkem Silicones.
This unpersonal information collected includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the average time spent on this website by the user, pages viewed and information searched for.
Elkem Silicones does not disclose user’s personal data collected by the web analytics service to third party.